Strauch Finest Motorized Drum Carder
The Strauch finest motorized drum carder is back by popular demand. We have now developed a motorized series of Finest drum carders. This includes both the singlewide and doublewide machines. In addition, both existing Strauch hand crank chain drive Finest models can be upgraded to the motorized version.
Being an engineer, I designed these machines to be truly unique in the marketplace and built with the same high standards as the hand crank models. They are “high tech” drum carders having both infinitely variable speed AND reversibility features. The “infinitely variable speed” feature (not just two or three speed settings) is a God-send when working with fine fibers like alpaca, merino and cashmere.
Our carders use very high quality, durable, electronically controlled motors that are made in the USA! All these machines have been extensively beta tested by some “heavy duty” fiber artists and they all have raved about the design, workmanship and durability.
The dimensions of the Strauch finest motorized drum carder are the same as their manual counterparts.
The large drum on the single width carder is 7″ in diameter x 8¼” wide. The small drum is 2″ in diameter x 8″ wide. The carder produces a batt approximately 8″ wide x 22″ long. The frame is 24″ long, 11½” wide, 6″ high
The large drum on the doublewide carder is 7″ in diameter x 15¼” wide. The small drum is 2″ in diameter x 16″ wide. The carder produces a batt approximately 15″ wide x 22″ long. The frame is 24″ long, 18½” wide, 6″ high.
A 230 volt version is also available to serve our international customers.
STRAUCH FINEST MOTORIZED FEATURES & BENEFITS:
– Timesaving; both hands are free to allow the fiber artist to control how the fiber is being carded or blended.
– Those with wrist, elbow and/or shoulder issues will find carding with a Strauch motorized machine painless and relaxing.
– The ability to card fibers at a consistent and reproducible speed will make consistent batts.
– Folks wanting to process lots of fiber will find these carders remarkable.
– The motor and electronic controller were engineered to be quiet, robust, dependable, self-diagnostic and trouble free
– As with the manual models, these Finests come with all the tools and accessories available, including the fabulous Brush Attachment.