Kromski Minstrel Spinning Wheel
Kromski Minstrel Spinning Wheel from the Kromskis of Poland, is setting a new standard for castle style wheels. It features a wide, steady base for the double treadle operation and the wheel, which is larger than many upright wheels – 18″. The wheel is easy to mount on the two support posts. The third post will mount an optional distaff.
Larger than the Kromski Mazurka, The Minstrel has stronger, bolder lines and a larger base to accommodate the larger wheel diameter and the double treadles. It is a double drive wheel but comes standard with Scotch tension set-up if your prefer the single drive feel. A threading hook and extra whorl are conveniently stored up front for easy access.
The Minstrel is made of European alder and birch. The design is perfect for reenactors. Very easy to assemble.
• wheel diameter – 18″
• orifice height – 33″; size – 3/8″
• bobbins; 3 included; will fit all other Kromski wheels; Kromski regular bobbins have yarn capacity that is 50% greater than many other popular wheel bobbins; a plus for any spinner
• also includes threading hook, attached Lazy Kate and bottle of spinning wheel oil
• Ratios: 6.5, 8.5, 12 and 16 to 1; 2 whorls included
• bearings on wheel crank; leather bearings on flyer
• weight – 13 lbs.
It is available unfinished or with a factory clear, walnut or mahogany finish that is exceptional.
Jumbo Flyer – extend the capabilities of your Kromski wheel by adding a Jumbo Flyer Kit. You can quickly swap out your regular flyer for the jumbo unit (and back again). Here are the benefits: flyer with very large orifice .70 inch opening for heavy spinning and plying; much larger jumbo bobbin – holds 50 cubic inches of yarn; lower ratio ranges – 2 speeds – to give you excellent speed choices without changing flyer: 4 and 6 to 1.
Minstrel Jumbo Flyer Kit – includes jumbo flyer, jumbo bobbin, jumbo whorl and front maiden post.
Minstrel Distaff – originally used for spinning flax. Now for flax or that old world look.