Kromski Sonata Spinning Wheel
From the Kromskis of Poland, the Sonata is a marriage between the classic architecture and design concepts shared with all other Kromski wheels and the functional needs of a wheel that folds. You get both.
The Sonata is a full-size spinning wheel that folds and packs away as a small package, making it perfect for traveling, guild and festival gatherings or simply storage when not in use.The Kromskis have put a lot of thought into the Sonata. Full size yet small dimensions when folded, easy to set-up and take down, solid feel, solid footprint, plenty of foot room, easy treadling on double treadles, orifice at a comfortable height and classic looks. Spokes that draw your attention, every piece of wood with cuts, curves and character; this is an appealing spinning wheel that is a pleasure to use.
A custom-made, heavily padded bag offering you a convenient way to pack-up your Sonata for travel or storage is now included with your purchase of a Kromski Sonata.
Optional flyers can add to the total range of the Sonata. The Jumbo flyer offers lower ratios and a larger orifice – .70″ – and the Faster flyer increases the ratio range up to 18:1.
• wheel diameter – 19″
• folded dimensions: 22″ by 19″
• orifice height – 30″, but can be raised as much as 2″;
size – 3/8″
• bobbins: 3 included; will fit all other Kromski wheels; Kromski regular bobbins have yarn capacity that is 50% greater than many other popular wheel bobbins; a plus for any spinner
• single drive with Scotch tension
• also includes threading hook, attached Lazy Kate and bottle of spinning wheel oil; uses an elastic drive band
• Ratios: 6.7, 12.5, 14 to 1; see optional Jumbo and Faster flyers below for other ratio ranges.
• ball bearings on wheel crank; flyer bearings are custom designed injection molded parts engineered by the Kromskis for excellent performance.
• weight – 11.5 lbs.
Available with a clear, mahogany or walnut factory finish.
Sonata Jumbo Flyer – includes flyer, front maiden post and 1 jumbo bobbin; add range to your Sonata in terms of speed and type of yarn you can spin (and ply). Ratios of 5, 7.5 and 10 to 1. Orifice size: .7″.
Instructions for using Jumbo Flyer and tensioning elastic drive band
Sonata Faster Flyer (uses your regular bobbins); add high-end range to your wheel with ratios of 12, 16 and 18 to 1.
Sonata Padded Bag $120 (for spinners with the wheel but no bag)
Sonata Assembly Instructions
Wheel Comes With Bag!